Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The past two months

Over the past two months my life as not been as "joyful" as I thought.  My future father in law fell and had a seizure.  He had Alzheimer's for 10 years.  He was in the hospital for a week.  We ended up taking him home on hospice.  He was at home for three weeks until God took him home.  He struggled for many weeks at home. 

It is hard to say it was joyful.  But what is joyful is that he is with the Lord.

During this time, my fiance and I decided to get married with his dad present.  About 2 weeks before he passed, we married in his home.  It was beautiful.  Our minister (who will marry us in July again), had such a beautiful service. 

It was joyful.

During this project, I had recieved feedback from many people on OneWed.  They encouraged me to marry my fiance and do everything in my power to support him during this time. 

I feel that this forum was very positive, on point, and very accepting.

No comments:

Post a Comment